While the rest of the world is headed out to dinner, most parents, especially the more frugal ones, are likely at home doing dinner, bath, bedtime, etc. However, you don’t have to give up a romantic holiday just because you have kids.
Here’s a list of five at-home date night ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
· Fancy Family Dinner Valentine’s Day is a great time to eat together as a family. Decorate the dining room, use a tablecloth and fill the kids’ sippy cups with sparkling juice and yours with champagne!
· TV Marathon Have you been dying to watch an entire season of Downtown Abbey? Now’s your chance! Netflix or rent DVDs and enjoy from the comfort of your own bed after the kids are asleep.
· Wedding Video Replay Tonight’s the night to break out your wedding photos and video. You may be inspired to relive some of the best moments.
· Spa Day Take a bubble bath, watch massage tutorials on YouTube, put cucumber slices on your eyes while you lay in bed. Take turns doing each other's nails in crazy colors if the kids want to get in on the act.
· Baking Bonanza Charity Mathews of Foodlets suggests this recipe for Healthier Cupcakes from a Box Mix that you can make as a family. We even have the perfect Chef Apron & Hat Sets for your little Valentine!
Happy Heart Day!
From our family to yours –